Search This Blog

Loading...

Recipe :: Kris Carr's 'Crazy Sexy Cancer' Go-To Green Smoothie




You know about Kris Carr right?  The amazing woman who healed herself of inoperable and (supposedly) incurable cancer. She made a documentary and wrote several books. When a person who has done that shares what she eats, I pay attention.  I made this for breakfast and it's very easy and filling.

Kris Carr's Go-To Green Smoothie Recipe
+ 1 avocado

+ 1 cucumber

+ A bit of kale

+ Coconut water (or purified water)

+ Fresh mint (or lime)

+ Dash of stevia (to taste)




Two Cents

I halved this recipe and it made a good-sized amount, approximately 24 ounces. I didn't have kale so I used organic spinach. I didn't have stevia so I went without and it was good but a bit of sweetness may help balance the tartness. 

I'm seriously coveting a VitaMix blender but that's not in the budget right now so I'm using my much more affordable Osterizer 4093 Classic Beehive Blenderthat I've used for over 7 years. It works really well and blended this smoothie perfectly. 

I purchased my glass smoothie straw from Straws By Carli and requested a custom order and asked her to bend it for me.  Much easier to drink from.  It's made of borosillicate glass (same thing Pyrex is made from) which means it's very strong and durable.  I've had it for 2 years and I love it.  I don't know why but it just makes things better when you have cool tools, doesn't it?  Just be sure to rinse it out as soon as you use it. 

For those of you who think you can't eat salad because it upsets your stomach (I've been told this numerous times): Your body isn't used to all that nutritional goodness because it hasn't had enough practice and/or maybe you need some additional digestion support in the form of a probiotic or help breaking down the salad before you consume it via a delish smoothie.  This green smoothie is basically a huge salad in a cup and when you blend it up, you are breaking down the ruffage making it much easier and faster to assimilate. 

This smoothie gave me a noticeable jolt of energy and I'm thinking this just might replace my coffee habit.  Can't wait to try her Crazy Sexy Green Juice and Antioxidant Superfood Smoothie next. 


Do you have a go-to smoothie? 







Images: Fig+Sage

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails