Search This Blog

Loading...

Loving :: Acure Organics Shampoo + Conditioner With Plant Stem Cells For Every Hair Type




Of the hair care out there that could possibly be considered on the natural spectrum, most disappoint.  And of the ones that don't disappoint, most are outrageously priced.  I had my doubts as to how the new Acure Organics shampoo and conditioner would perform but I don't know why since I think most of their other products are great.  Doubts were quickly squashed soon after I stepped into the shower with these lovely bottles. 

I went straight for the Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo because the smell of lemongrass makes me happy and I'm always drawn to it.  A wonderful sunny aroma burst out of the bottle and blossomed as I lathered up.  And there's plenty of foaming action.  Next, the Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell Conditioner went on my long-ish, curly-ish, thick locks.  It rinsed out well and my wet hair felt nice but the true test is when my hair dries.  Oftentimes I've used conditioners that leave a heavy residue behind and weighs my hair down and makes it feel greasy and gross.  Not this.

A unique aspect is the inclusion of plant stem cells which are all the rage in beauty products right now.

Because my skin and scalp are getting pretty dry right now in this colder weather, I tried the Morrocan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo For Dry/Damaged/Curly Hair next.  The thing I noticed right away was the distinct aroma of almond extract, which I don't like.  I know many who do, like the ladies at No More Dirty Looks who love the scent, but I never have.  Not in almond cookies.  Not in almond-scented beauty products.  Nada.  I love to eat almonds and use almond oil to cook with but I don't love the smell of almond extract.  Of course I still used it because the description fits my hair type and once again, I loved the performance and how it made my hair feel and it did not dry out my scalp in the least.  Only thing here I would change is the aroma though I realize why they chose a nutty scent - because argan oil, the feature ingredient also smells nutty.  My ideal combo for my ultra dry scalp this winter would be the scent of the Lemongrass shampoo+conditioner and the moisturizing properties of the Morrocan Argan Oil shampoo+conditioner.  For the most part though, I'm sold on the Lemongrass duo for all hair types.

Lastly, I tried out the Pure Mint + Echinacea Stem Cell Shampoo + Conditioner and I'm pretty much infatuated with the invigorating aroma.  This is for Limp/Fine Hair which I definitely don't have but I love the tingling sensation and fresh, clean scent.

I've been using these three sets interchangably for the last few weeks and I'm really impressed.

They leave my hair shiny, not greasy, my scalp cleansed, but not stripped of moisture and hydrated without weighing it down.  

Bottom line: It's my new shampoo and conditioner of choice and I highly recommend you give it a try!  And be sure to let me know how you like it.

Have you checked out Acure Organics skincare yet?  If not, click here to read my review and interview with the founder

Find: $10.99 at http://www.acureorganics.com/




Disclosure: Acure Organics sent me the products mentioned in this post for the purpose of a honest review.  We don't write about everything we're sent, only products we feel are worthy to be shared. 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails