Search This Blog


Healthy Gift Guide {Part 2} :: Prepping The Guest Room

Are guests descending upon your home soon?  This list is a combination of things I'd love to have waiting for me in a guest room and things that I like to put in a large basket in my guest room with a personal note, water bottles, nuts and fruit that I usually place on the bed in front of the pillows.  I like to set up the room so guests don't feel awkward asking for midnight snack or have to wander into the kitchen and trip over my dogs in the dark to get water in the middle of the night. 

I don't know about you but I always feel welcomed and a special when there is a basket waiting for me in a room with thoughtful amenities and snacks like a B&B (or my parent's house).  I also like to keep guest towels in their room (I don't have a separate guest bath right now) so they don't have to ask where they are or which ones they should use. I also just found organic cotton washcloths for $2.99 at PB which would be nice to include in a welcome basket as well. 

My sheets of choice are sateen cotton and not less than 300 thread count, so I was happy to find these ones though they are a splurge.  I make sure my guest bed has the best linens in the house because I want my guests to be very comfortable and feel pampered.  I also don't sleep well when I'm not in my own bed and I know many people have that issue, thus the Rest Roll-on which helps me tremendously when I'm traveling. 

1. H. Gillerman Organic Rest Roll-On $48*

2. Zum Body Rosemary Mint Travel Size Lotion $7*

3. NEOM Organics Christmas Wish Diffuser $56*

4. West Elm Organic Cotton Carved Circles Duvet Cover $89 sale $62 (free shipping 12/15/11 with code WITHLOVE)

5. Max Green Alchemy Travel Size Shampoo + Conditioner $5.60 ea.*

6. Coyuchi 100% Organic Cotton Sateen 300tc Sheets $112

7. Gaiam Organic Cotton Thick & Thirsty 800-gram Towels $12 ea.

8. Peeled Snacks USDA Certified Organic Dried Fruit $5*

9. Rubie Green Organic Cotton Chevron Pillow $65

10. Moksa Organics Limited Edition Holiday Bar Soap $6.50

11. Amala Lavender Room & Linen Mist $24

12. 18 Rabbits Organic Granola Bars $2.50*

13. Deep Steep Rosemary Mint Foaming Hand Soap $6.95*

What kind of things do you do or buy to prep for house guests?  Please share with all of us in the comments so we can learn from each other.   

Have you checked out our other Holiday Gift Guides?  If not, you can find them here: 

+Healthy Holiday Gift Guide {Part 1} :: Natural Hostess Gifts + Eco Entertaining Ideas 

+Healthy Holiday Gift Guide {Part 3} :: 20 Great Green Gifts Guys Will Love!

+61 Natural, Organic, Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers $6 And Under

Image: Fig+Sage

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails