Search This Blog

Loading...

Review :: Souss Culinary USDA Certified Organic Argan Oil, Body Benefits and Healthy Recipes


I'm aware of the argan oil in skin care craze but had no idea it's something I could or should eat.  No idea.  I don't subscribe to fat-free fallacies.  I'm all about consuming healthy oils like olive, coconut and macadamia nut, but just had no clue about argan.  It has a nutty flavor, is cold-pressed and has a beautiful golden color.  And studies have shown it to be highly beneficial in warding off cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes.  It's packed with Vitamin E and it's cholesterol free!  For the details of the research click here.  I don't know about you but I try to consume even more healthy oils in the wintertime to help ward off dry skin.

I asked the difference between cosmetic and culinary argan oil to the owner of Souss Gourmet, Jalila Bouchareb, a lovely Morrocan woman who has lived her entire life in the U.S. who also owns Amal Oils, cosmetic organic argan oil skin care line.  She responded:

"Differences between culinary and cosmetic argan oil: the main difference is that cosmetic argan oil is cold pressed raw argan kernels and culinary argan oil is cold pressed from roasted argan kernels, which gives the oil its nutty flavor.  All of the antioxidant, amino acid and vitamin E qualities remain the same...and in addition the culinary argan oil has a unique quality which is that it is cholesterol free!  The culinary argan oil is meant to be a finished oil, not to be heated to high temperatures.  I would recommend using it for salad dressing, drizzled on soups and vegetables."

I have used this on my old-standby lunch (Amy's Vegetable Lentil Soup), fresh green salads and have made a traditional Morrocan spread for my daily slice of toasted Ezekial bread for breakfast.  Yum!


Culinary argan oil is a gorgeous golden color


Amlou recipe:

2 parts almond, 1 part argan oil & honey to taste.

1). Blend almonds (I used organic almond butter since that's what I had), honey and culinary argan oil together to form a texture a bit more liquid than nutella. 

2). Spread mixture on your favorite sprouted grain bread, like my fave - Ezekial 4:9 bread (Sesame). 

3). Enjoy! 

For more argan oil recipes, click here.  I'm particularly curious about the Fig Chutney with Argan Oil recipe here.

A great addition for any kitchen, but would make a fabulous gift for the hostess, health nut or foodie.   


Souss Gourmet Argan Oil on my kitchen countertop for easy access


Buy: http://www.soussgourmet.com/

Did you know argan oil was wonderfully good for you and should be consumed or are you surprised like I was?








Disclosure: Souss Gourmet sent me the product mentioned in this post for an honest and candid review.  We don't write about everything we're sent, just those we think are worth writing about. 

Images: Fig+Sage

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails