Search This Blog


Loving :: Brew Organic Couture Lip Balm From Skincando Luxe {Review}

When we were little our Mom used to cringe and shake her head when we visited our Dad's Mom and she would say to us when we were helping her cook: 

"Double, Double Toil and Trouble;
Fire burn and Caldron bubble."  

Mom thought it was way too scary for us but we thought it was fun that Grandma used to say it in a witchy voice whilst slowly stirring a pot of stew on the stove.  Grandma was a good storyteller.  I didn't learn until much later that she was quoting Shakespeare. When I use this balm that Macbeth quote echos in my mind and I think of Grandma.   

I know a good lip balm when I feel one, but of course I know everyone has their own preferences.  I'm picky about what goes on my lips and how I want a balm to feel and this one passes the test.  In fact, I would give it an A and write nice, encouraging things in the margin in red on the paper test, as teachers do, if this were a paper test.  I've carried around a tube of Brew for quite some time, around nine months, because I love it.  It's an exquisite potion that creates a lovely emollient barrier on lips and provides a subtle flavor of star anise - the flowering plant that tastes like black licorice, mixed with wildcrafted Tahitian Coconut Butter.  The essential oil of Myrrh is also used in this concoction for it's healing and skin beautifying properties, both rarities in a lip balm.  

My personal Brew

I highly recommend it.  It's not thin and won't come off in a few minutes after application and it's a great balm in all temps.  The consistency is not super thin or ultra thick, nor is it greasy - it's just right.  Even if you apply it and wipe it off, you will still feel a little layer on your lips, which is a must for the frigid temps ahead. 

Ingredients: Organic beeswax, wildcrafted Tahitian Coconut Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Apricot Kernel Oil, Fish Oil (PCB/Heavy metal-free), Organic Star Anise, Organic Myrrh, Vitamin E.  

Image credit: 1 (Skincando), 2 (Fig+Sage)

Disclosure: Skincando sent us the product mentioned above for the purpose of an honest and candid review. We don't write about everything that we're sent, only those we feel are worth writing about.  We're honest and we're fair. To read more about our review criteria, click here.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails