Search This Blog


Introducing New Favorite :: Suti Organic Skincare + 7 Product Reviews

I haven't been this excited about a skincare brand in quite awhile.  This is the skincare brand of 2011 that you don't know about but should.  The packaging, the ingredients, the skin-pampering results are enough to make a girl drool.  It's no secret I'm a skeptic and now when I read things like "honest, pure, natural" one of my eyebrows raises in conjunction with the curl of one of my lips in a we'll-see-about-that sort of way.  Sad, but true, folks.  But in the case of Suti, launched just last year, those claims are true and the two sisters-in-law behind the brand have their pulse on ultra-clean ingredients, results-producing naturals and super chic product design and branding. An exquisite phenomenon indeed.

I love a good story and Suti's is a good one. Suzannah Jenkins and Tina Steadman have both brought their expertise to the table which proves to be a brilliant collaboration of 13 years of practicing natural medicine, two years perfecting their formulations and mad graphic design skills.  More proof that organic, luxury and performance are not mutually exclusive.


"Hello gorgeous!" is what came to mind when I opened the box of Suti goodness.  Yes, the cliches are true. Whether or not we want to admit it: We're superficial and we do in fact all judge a book by it's cover.  And let me tell you peeps: this cover is oh-so-lovely. It's quite possibly something I would have come up with, say, if I were to create my own organic skincare brand myself.  I dig the simple+feminine+chic labels complete with modern botanical line drawings correlating to what's inside the glass bottles and jars; and the droppers and spray tops are fabs too.  Cake meet icing.  Delicious icing.


My oh my was I impressed when I spied the ingredient decks for all seven products in the line.  It's not completely a rarity to spot great ingredients but it is a rarity to not see a bunch of other junk mixed with them or that each and every product in the line is clean.  While I was testing them out, all three balms were approved by the UK's Soil Association to carry their Certified Organic seal.  The lovely ladies at Suti also sent me all copies of their Soil Association certifications as well as certs from their suppliers and MSDS sheets - gladly and without question I might add, which is another rarity.  Plans are in the works to have all the products certified organic by the Soil Association, but it's quite the process so it's taking a bit of time. Three out of seven - done.  The rest are on track to be certified within the next six months.  When I inquired about their organic content percentages, Tina supplied me with this info:

"Our Waters are 100% Organic certified, Nourish is 99% Organic (1% Natural Vitamin E), as is Purity and Fabulous. Rejuvenate is 98% Organic - we use a sustainable Sandalwood essential oil and natural Vitamin E, and our Cleanse is 84% Organic" - Tina Steadmen, Suti Co-founder


Honesty and facts are things I appreciate and I know you do too.  So here's the honest truth: I received the entire line to put to the test over two months ago.  I started using them and my skin freaked out.  Because I'm keenly aware that skin is affected by much more than just what we put on it, I let Suti know what was going on and told them I was going to try to get my skin to calm down before I tried them again.  I had a sneaking suspicion that it probably had to do with eating habits and/or hormones, so I shelfed them for a couple weeks while I worked on getting my skin to calm down.  I've been using them for a few weeks now and have been unable to replicate the initial results.  But what I have experienced is clean, smooth, healthy skin that truly loves these products.  They feel so fresh and pure.  Because they are.  My skin feels healthy, hydrated, ultra-smooth and my lines and wrinkles look plumped up a bit.  I love that these are targeted to all skin types.  Keep it simple people.

Suti Cleanse Organic Balm

I know for many of you a balm to cleanse your face is going to be hard to swallow, but don't bash it till you try it.  For those who are in the know about the oil cleansing method, this won't be too much of stretch for you.  If you have sensitive skin or dry skin, it is highly likely you're skin is going to love you for using it and you may be leaving your sudsing cleanser in the dust in no time at all. This is a solid oil product and similar in consistency to their two other balm products and they all melt on contact.  The product is yellowy-green in color with these pretty snowflake-shaped bits suspending in it which dissolve quickly upon massaging into skin.  It has a pleasant lemony-herbal aroma and glides over skin with a slick consistency.  Yes, a bit of an oil slick - which is why a muslin cloth is included in the box with this as it a small white plastic spatula to scoop the product out instead of having to dip fingers into jar.  The result is hydrated and smooth skin, though truth-be-told, you aren't going to get it all off. You will still feel a bit of it on your skin and won't get that squeaky clean effect.  Right now because the temps are wavering between Summer and Fall, I am alternating this balm cleanser with a natural bar soap cleanser every other day.  If you're like me in the wintertime when I can't slather enough balm/oil/butter on my skin to help retain/regain moisture, this is surely going to be a mainstay in my bathroom.  

“Overall, I rate this product 10/10. It has been the best cleanser I have ever used!” - My Eczema Skincare Blog

Suti Peppermint Water Organic Facial Toner

A nice morning toner or for those with more normal to oil skin. I would call it more of a hydrosol than a toner as I associate a toner with an astrigent quality and this is water-based and very, very gentle.  This peppermint water comes direct from the grower in the South of France.  It's subtle minty-fresh quotient is refreshing and makes my skin perk up due to the infusion of organic peppermint.  I've also been keeping it on my desk for 3pm pick-me-ups.  I haven't been washing my face in the morning, so this is the first thing I do to my face after I stumble into the bathroom after alarm clock, before coffee.  I spritz face and neck 3-4 times and then apply 2 drops of Suti Rejuvenate Organic Face Oil, let it sink in a little before makeup if I'm wearing any that day.

Suti Organic Rejuvenate Face Oil is a deep golden color - for daytime use

Suti Rejuvenate Organic Face Oil

After I spray my face with Organic Peppermint Facial Toner, I put on my monogrammed white lab coat and slowly unscrew the glass dropper lid from the glass Facial Oil bottle.  Okay, I don't really have a lab coat.  But I wish I did.  With my initials. The long glass dropper vial makes me wish I had one.  But that aside, this serum is simply fabulous.  The aroma, texture, ingredients - oh. my.  If ingredients were celebrities, the ones in this are A-listers.

No fluff, just good stuff.  Rosehip seed oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Argan Oil are all supremely healthy and skin-loving oils on their own, but this bottle is packed with all of them!  At 30 ml this baby is going to last a good amount of time - I'm guessing around 5 months. And it's going to look super chic in your bathroom which is also important.  The aroma of both of Suti facial oils are intoxicating but not overwhelming. This one is herbal yet tempered with frankincense to add not only a slightly warm, spicy component, but another amazing skin healer. Both of Suti facial oils are my favorite of the bunch. I love going to bed smelling like this.

"Despite having oily skin, I'm a firm believer in face oils… My favourite oils right now are from Suti, a new and luxe holistic skincare brand that harnesses aromatherapy and homeopathic principles." - Beauty writer Amy Lawrenson,

Suti Rose Water Organic Facial Toner

A nice evening toner or those with normal to dry skin.  Like the Peppermint Toner, I would call this a hydrosol.  It's light rose fragrance is delicate and feminine, calming and soothing.  I use this after my nightly showers before applying the Nourish Organic Face Oil for Night.  I always recommend mixing your toner with your facial oil as it facilitates far better absorbtion than applying oil to dry skin. 

Suti Organic Nourish Organic Face Oil is a avocado green color - for nightime use
 Suti Nourish Organic Face Oil for Night

Similar in consistency to the Rejuvenate Face Oil for day but different in color, aroma and thickness. You'll notice in my photos the difference in color and that it's not easy to squeeze a dropper and take a photo at the same time, thus the drop on the side of the bottle and not in it.  I meant to do that.  This is part of my night time ritual that I look forward to because it is so simple and it just makes my skin feel and smell wonderful before bed. I get out of the shower {I take mine at night}, spray my face with toner and apply 2 drops of this toner all over.  Boom. Done.  I wake up in the morning with a dewy dermis.

Unlike the Day Facial Oil, this has more of a floral aroma due to the jasmine flower content though still contains a bit of woodsy due to the patchouli oil, but don't let that scare you. I'm not a patchouli fan but this doesn't smell hippy, it smells like luxury in a bottle. The blend is just right.  Sometimes I put a little on the back of my hands in the middle of the day just so I can smell it.  This Night Oil is in a tie with the Rejuvenate Facial Oil for my favorite Suti product.

Suti Purity Organic Moisturizing Balm

An intensely hydrating solid oil product that is good for dry face or body.  Don't fear the oil though - if if you have dry skin, this is one you'll want to try.  Unlike many other balms I've used, it it not greasy but soaks in to skin quite nicely.  It has little bits in it that sort of reminds me of the consistency of Malt-O-Meal (no I don't eat it anymore, but did as a kid). Just the bits remind me of it, not the entire consistency.  No worries, they disappear when massaging it between my palms. 

I can't express enough how I only need a teeny tiny amount of this product for my face. And like the serums, do mix this with a toner or at least apply to a recently toned and damp face.  If you use too much it's going to be oily.  I use the small white plastic spatula that comes with this to scoop out the smallest amount and put it in my palm and spray 3 pumps worth of toner into my hand before rubbing the mixture between both hands and then I press it into my forehead, cheeks, under and over eyes, chin and neck.  I only use this at night as it's a little too thick for daytime use for me right now.  Winter will likely change that and I may be slathering it on morning and night at that point.  Also great for hands, cuticles, knees, elbows, heels - anywhere that needs a moisture boost.  And did I mention it smells amazing?!  Like sunshine I tell you.  And it's packed with skin-healing ingredients - calendula, lavender and chamomile, some of my favorite miracle-working herbs. 

Co-Founder and Formulator Suzannah has been working with a Cosmetic Scientist for the last two years on a face cream which is scheduled to launch before Christmas, which will also be Soil Association certified. I'm looking forward to learning how this balm compares with the new face cream. 

Suti Fabulous Organic Foot Balm

Similar consistency to the Suti Moisturizing Balm but different color, aroma and ingredients.  This is a yellowy-green color and rosemary and eucalyptus burst out of the jar upon twisting the lid.  More intensely-hydrating than the Moisturizing Balm due to the inclusion of organic olive oil, pumpkin seed oil and carrot extract, which means it's a little more emollient than the other balms. This is going to be staying on my nightstand through Fall and Winter since my feet are always dry during these seasons.  I like to apply this, then socks, before slipping into bed.  My formerly parched soles wake up happy.

Note: Although the essential oils contained within the Fabulous Foot Balm are within safe limits for use during pregnancy, it does contain three essential oils that should be avoided by expectant mothers.  {A small slip of paper in the product box contained this info}.

Suti is still a relatively unknown luxury organic beauty brand from the UK but I have a hunch it won't be for long. When I discovered Suti on Yum Etc, a UK blog in June there was no mention of it on any U.S. blogs (that I could find) or any retailers selling it here in the states. The first and only Suti retailer thus far is Shen Beauty in Brooklyn, though the products aren't available on their website yet. Based on my experience with the products I have a feeling they'll be available at other U.S. retailers soon and I'm sure they'll be popping up in glossies on this side of the pond in no time.

Find online: (UK) or (US)

Like Suti on Facebook

Follow Suti on Twitter

Disclosure: Suti sent me the products for the purpose of an honest and candid review though in no way did it alter my opinion of the products. This is my personal opinion and experience.  We have super stringent review criteria, to learn about it click here.

Photo credit: Suti {1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11}, Fig+Sage {2, 5, 8, 11}

Fun fact: That light pink nail polish I'm wearing in the photos is Priti NYC's Apple Blossom Aster. I bought it at LovingEco for 50% off.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails