Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunscreenapalooza! Finale (Day 5) :: Erbaviva SPF 15 Sunscreen for Children (+ Adults too!)



I've decided to end this series of posts about sunscreen with one I have loved for years. My sister bought this tube of Erbaviva SPF 15 sunscreen for my kids a couple of years ago and it has become a family favorite. I really love everything about it.

Consistency: In my opinion--perfect. I would classify it as a creamy, medium-thickness lotion. Sure, it goes on white, but this one truly soaks into the skin and then the white is no where to be found. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized--nothing more, nothing less. Easy to get out of the tube, easy to rub in. Would make an excellent under-makeup or au naturel sunscreen for the face.

Fragrance: Again, one of my favorites. I am a total sucker for the smell of chamomile and lavender together and this one hits the spot for me. Very sweet yet still subtle. I personally like my sunscreen to smell like a little something and this one is just right. (I feel like Goldilocks here.)

straight out of the tube

Value: This one retails at $29 for 4 ounces or $22 for 2.5 ounces. Right there amongst the rest of the natural and organic sunscreens, but I love the option of 4 ounces...especially when you're supposed to be generously applying the stuff every 2 hours.

Inside: Titanium Dioxide (micronized), water, sweet almond oil, cetearyl wheat bran glycosides and cetearyl alcohol (natural emulsifiers), avocado oil, camelia oil, sodium levulinate, oryzanol, potassium sorbate, allantoin, organic essential oils of lavender and roman chamomile.

To read more about the ingredients used in Erbaviva products, click here.

completely rubbed in

Bottom Line: Erbaviva SPF 15 is a sunscreen that's going to be tagging along with me in the beach bag for a while. It provides both UVA and UVB protection with micronized (non-nano) titanium dioxide for broad spectrum protection. The SPF 15 is usually more than enough for an average day and with that lower SPF comes a smoother, clearer application. However, the claims that are made by the company about it being the highest SPF possible with natural ingredients, I believe, are outdated. We have learned this week that you can have a natural sunscreen with a high SPF, you're just going to be giving/taking more in regards to whiteness and consistency. If you are going to be spending a lot of time in the sun, you may opt for a higher SPF natural sunscreen, but the truth is--you are supposed to be reapplying your sunscreen every 2 hours anyway. 

Since this one is not water resistant, it's not one I would take for a long day of swimming at the pool, but for 45-minute swim lessons, it was definitely adequate. My kids did not complain about me putting this one on their skin at all and my son even asked if he could apply it himself. Although it says it's for children, the fact is I really love this one for myself too. And because I know we're all different, I am thankful for the many options we have now with natural sunscreen. Raise your hand if you like options!


So there you have it, the 5th and final sunscreen to conclude Sunscreenapalooza! 2011. I hope it changed your life. (OK...well at least gave you some new products to try out.)--E


Find :: NuboNau or Erbaviva


Photo by Erin Lundeen

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails