Search This Blog

Loading...

Review :: Shea Radiance Lavender Bliss Whipped Shea Butter + Vanilla Sugar Scrub PLUS Free Shipping Today!



In my highly scientific* recent study I have determined that 67.89% of all Facebook updates this past week referred to sunburns and the subsequent pain and anguish they cause.  So I feel it my duty to tell you about a little miracle worker that helps with a myriad of summer related issues including dry skin, bug bite relief, the cat claw scratches now adorning my chest and of course, sunburns.

I had never heard of Shea Radiance before Nature Of Beauty started carrying it awhile back, but when they asked to send it my way to put to the test of course I accepted because I love me some body butter and body scrub and I've tested many in the last few years so I feel like I know a good one when I see/sniff/slather one. 

First, I opened the Whipped Shea Butter in Lavender Bliss.  I received a 2 ounce jar from Nature Of Beauty.  The aroma of pure lavender, not the fake stuff, is what the dominant aroma of the product is and I like it.  I honestly can't smell the geranium and ylang ylang that is supposed to be mixed with it, but no matter.  Lavender is calming and if it is pure natural lavendar, my nose likes it.  The consistency is like frosting you would slather on a cake and it even sounds like that when you scoop it out of the jar.  Applying it is where I noticed a difference with many other body butters I've tried - it absorbs very well and doesn't leave you with a thick greasy coating that's going to rub off on your clothes.  Just don't use too much.  You just a little bit because this will melt on contact and spread very easily.  The major key difference with this product compared to others is the whipped factor.  Regular 'ol shea butter is very hard and typically requires digging or scraping with a sharp object to remove it from it's container.  Not this. 

My first impression of the plastic jar and lid this shea butter is packaged in was that it felt kinda cheap, though after using it for several weeks and carrying it around in my bag to multiple states, I now appreciate that it is extremely lightweight and won't break.  I used this to heal a slight sunburn on my chest and shoulders this past weekend and it was soothed and healed up in a flash.  I also used it on my cat scratches after washing the wound and the itching and stinging seem to instantly subside.  This butta is delicious and I suggest you try it!  Seriously.  There are other scents like Chocolate Truffle and Sweet Vanilla if you're not a fan of lavender. 

Whipped Shea Butter Ingredients: Pure Unrefined Shea Butter, Rice Bran Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba, Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Vitamin E and Pure Essential Oils. $14.99 for 4 ounces.




Shea Radiance uses Unrefined Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) obtained from African farmers who grow their shea trees without pesticides or fertilizers.  They have partnered with German Technical Cooperation  (GIZ) to establish a shea butter production initiative in Nigeria, in order to help facilitate a sustainable business entity and income for those in the community.  You can read more about their great mission here.




I was sent a small sample of the Shea Radiance Cream Sugar Scrub in Sweet Vanilla and it is also a really great product, though I only got about two uses out of my tester. Many scrubs leave your body and bathtub seriously slippery but this washes off clean and still leaves skin soft and silky, sans oil slick.  And if you like body products that smell like cake, you are going to love this!  

Shea Radiance Cream Sugar Scrub Ingredients: Organic Cane Sugar, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, and Ground Vanilla Beans and Vanilla Essential Oil.  $19.99 for 8 ounces.

+ + + + +

Find: Nature Of Beauty (who sent me these two products to try out) and get free shipping today with code FREESHIPJULY until 12pm midnight CST tonight

Alternatively, you can find Shea Radiance at http://www.shearadiance.com/  to learn more about their brand and mission.






Disclosure: Nature Of Beauty sent the products mentioned in this review to me for the purpose of an honest and candid review. I don't write about everything I receive, only those products I feel worthy of a review. To read more about our review criteria, click here.





*Not really scientific at all. 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails