Search This Blog


Family Fave :: Skincando Combat-Ready Balm Takes the Bite Out of Skin Problems

Me and my brood, we live in the sticks. And when I say sticks, I mean it. Living on a ranch in the middle of nowhere definitely has it's perks, but the amount of bugs we live with is obscene. I've even come to despise ladybugs because we get swarms of them so thick we can't walk outside without being covered in them. Same goes with flies (the biting kind), mosquitos and box elder beetles. For me, the worst pests out of the whole bunch are of the eight-legged variety. It's not just the fact that I am a bonafide arachnophobe, oh no...I also have to be ALLERGIC to spider bites. The kind of allergic that makes the skin swell up to the size of a grapefruit around the bite and itch like the dickens. Yeah...gross and not sexy.

I'll be alright, but it's my poor kids that get feasted upon while they sleep. It makes a mama fierce. My babies wake up most mornings with a new bite (or more) and that's when I break out my little tub of Skincando Combat-Ready Balm for babies + kids. It is a lotion of many talents, yet it is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin. We have a daily ritual now when my kids ask me for their "bite cream" before breakfast and I lovingly apply the soothing salve to their bumps. They instantly feel better...and so do I.

Combat-Ready Balm works great to sooth the itch and pain of bites, but I've used it on rashes and sunburns too. There are many more skin ailments that it can be used for, though I have been lucky enough to avoid them so far. The consistency is like a thick lotion and the scent is unique, but pleasant. It's going to be gone before we know it. Check out this review we did on the original Combat-Ready Balm two years ago. We like what this company is doing and we're fans of the "can-do" attitude of their products!

Ingredients: Pure Distilled Water, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil*), Cocos Nucifera (Virgin Coconut Oil*), Beeswax**, Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile Tea*), Fish Oil**, Lavandula Angustifolia (French Lavender*), Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit Seed Extract*), Viamerine**

*organic **natural

Find: or check here to see if there is a store that carries it near you!

DisclosureSkincando sent the products mentioned in this review to me for the purpose of an honest and candid review.  I don't write about everything I receive, only those products I feel worthy of a review.  To read more about our review criteria, click here.

Image Credit: Me + my vintage iPhone

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails