Search This Blog

Loading...

Dear Fig+Sage :: I Currently Use Biore But Want To Go Organic And Have Gift Cards To Ulta And Sephora...


Q: Looking for a good organic face wash that is good for combo skin/acne prone. I currently use biore but want to go organic. Thoughts? I have gift cards to sephora and ulta. They sell juice organics. Have you tried that brand?? Thanks! Love your blog!!

A: Awesome!!  I'm so glad you love our blog and I'm excited you want to swap out your face wash for an organic version!!  I have tried Juice Beauty's USDA Certified Organic Facial Cleanser (not to be confused with their non-USDA certified organic face wash) but it didn't really do anything for me. It's a gel that doesn't foam and it didn't make my skin feel or look good or bad, so I'm indifferent to it.  I can't find Juice Beauty's USDA Certified Organic products (there are only 4 of them) on Sephora's website though they do sell their other products.  Juice Beauty uses phenoxyethanol in most of their other products and I avoid this ingredient so I haven't tried their products that contain it.



Ulta and Sephora have very few products that are actually organic but they do have some.  Ulta carries Dr. Bronner's, great liquid and bar soaps for hands or body and Organic Wear cosmetics (try the mascara if you can find it there).  Though Sephora has a dedicated "Naturally Gorgeous" section and seal, greenwashing can be found as well (i.e. Josie Maran's products contain petrochemicals yet they are in that section).  Check out Pangea Organics at Sephora. We're fans of Pangea's facial cleanser, LOVE Pangea's lip balm, awarded the Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Mask in our Best In Natural Beauty Awards and have read some really great things about Pangea's Eye Cream, though haven't tried it yet. 

Now, I've never used Biore's face wash (and not sure which one you're using - they seem to have several) but if I had to guess based on the ingredients I would say their face wash probably foams.  If that's the case and you weren't asking for recommendations to Ulta or Sephora (or after you've used your gift cards), based on your combo/acne-prone skin I'd recommend Acure Organics Facial Cleansing Gel (4 oz) or Bubble & Bee's Cucumber Facial Cleanser (3.5 oz) for $15 or Leap Organics USDA Certified Organic Facial Cleanser for $15 (6 oz).  They are all very sudsy, don't  leave a residue and really help keep breakouts at bay. 

Hope this helps and let me know what you try and what you think!!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails