Search This Blog

Loading...

Review :: SheaMoisture Organic Raw Shea + Argan Oil Baby Wash + Shampoo Found At Target


A few weeks ago, I got a text from a friend of mine while she was in Target. She asked if I had heard of SheaMoisture Baby Wash & Shampoo and if I would recommend it. Well, no I hadn't and no I couldn't...yet. I felt like it was my friendly duty to get to know it quickly and give her my opinion. (Also, my kids were out of their normal baby wash + shampoo and it was a good time to give something different a go.) The next time I was in Target I headed straight for the kids section. There in between California Baby and Method Baby was SheaMoisture Organic Baby Wash & Shampoo.

Well, first things first - I flip that puppy around to check out what it's got going on inside. It's not packed to the brim with organic content, but it does have some and the ingredients aren't scary.  Actually, they're pretty good considering the price point. Oh yes, the price point! Only $8.99 for 12 ounces which is a little cheaper, ounce for ounce, than California Baby. I was taken with the fact that this bottle contained extracts of the Christmas season - Frankincense and Myrrh, not to mention certified organic shea butter and argan oil. In this dry season, I knew my kids could use a little extra moisture.


Next, I check out the little story behind the brand. (I was curious, because it seemed to come out of thin air). Turns out that I'm a little behind the times because SheaMoisture has been around for almost a century. A company with very humble beginnings started by a 19-year-old widowed mother of four, selling Shea Butter, Black Soap and homemade concoctions to support her family. Four generations later, her grandchildren are continuing her legacy of keeping things simple, organic and fair trade. Plus, with each purchase you "help empower disadvantaged women to realize a brighter, healthier future." And what don't we love about that!

We are using SheaMoisture exclusively in the bathtub these days and the smell and moisturizing qualities of the wash & shampoo are perfect for winter time. My kid's skin feels extra moisturized when they get out of the tub, their hair and skin is crazy soft and they smell so good.

Next time you find yourself under the good ol' bullseye and want to give something new a try, throw some SheaMoisture in your cart and look forward to some (shea) buttery softness soon!

Apparently all their hair care is exclusively carried only at Target, but this particular product is no where to be found on Target's site either so you'll have to be on the lookout at your local store if you're interested.    Unfortunately SheaMoisture nor Target list the product ingredients on their sites but I've included them below for your viewing pleasure:

Ingredients: Deionized water, decyl glucoside, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium lauroyl lactylate (coconut oil)*, raw butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil, tocopherol, guar, lanicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower (and) lanicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, calendula extract, lavender oil, rose extract, chamomile extract, boswellia serrata (frankincense) oil, myrrh extract.  *certified organic ingredient






Disclaimer: No one sent me this product to review. I bought it with my own moola and I'm sharing my experience with you because I'm nice like that.  


Image credit: Moi

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails