Search This Blog


Loving :: muface Daily Moisturizing Complex Review

Muface, yes muface.  "Why in the world would a company name their product muface?" I said outloud to my husband with a smirk on muface after I read an email on my Blackberry on our way back home from dinner out.  It made me think of a name a boy might call a girl in kindergarten: moo-face, as in cow-face.  But then I began to ponder whether it was a genius marketing strategy instead - a name not easily forgotten and fun to say, and that it is - so I kept reading.  Come to find out later it's actually named after Indonesian herbal medicine practices, Jamu.

Surprisingly, there were no bovine references to be found anywhere on mubeauty's site.  Instead, just simple modern packaging, thoroughly natural ingredients and the story of founder, Lisa Petra's, inspirational journey to Bali à la Eat, Pray, Love


The chic fogged glass bottle houses a unique concoction of active botanicals that work synergistically to hydrate and heal dehydrated, sensitive and/or inflamed and problematic skin types (i.e. eczema & rosacea). The aroma is distinctly rose geranium, a scent I adore - entirely feminine.  The intriguing inclusion of turmeric is what makes the oil yellow (but it goes on clear).  I was aware of the benefits of consuming turmeric orally, though applying it topically is new to me and I believe this is the first time I've seen it in a skin care product.  I know now that it's topical benefits include: pigmentation reduction, evens out skin tone, decreases inflammation and provides soft and supple skin.  Unlike other skincare products, muface doesn't stop with just one or two superstar ingredients - it is packed to the brim with beneficial ingredients.  Check em out:

certified organic coco nucifera (coconut) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, squalane (olive derived), avena sativa (oat) extract, melia azadirachta (neem) seed oil, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, glycine soya (soybean) seed extract, honey extract, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, curcuma longa (turmeric) extract, bisabolol (chamomile), pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil

mubeauty founder, Lise Petra, emailed me copies of the organic certs for the organic coconut oil they use as well and spec sheets for the organic oat extract which is sourced from Finland.  Their argan oil is sourced from Morrocco and is Eco-Cert certified organic.  The rose geranium oil comes from South Africa where it is grown organically, though not yet certified.  Muface is formulated and bottled in Los Angeles, while Mubeauty is based out of Berkeley, California. 


Just a drop or two is enough for my entire face and neck and I don't need another moisturizer on top of it.  Though it's an oil, it's not greasy.  It instantly turns my skin into a new softer version of itself.  My skin was already pretty clear when I began using it, but somehow it became clearer - more even in tone and color. No new blemishes popped up in the two weeks while I used in exclusively either.  My skin has been getting more dry everyday due to the cold weather (down to 31 degrees today) and muface is something I look forward to using each morning and night.  If you suffer from chronic or seasonal dry skin like moi - you've got to get your hands on this product!  Ditto if you have sensitive and/or troubled skin. 


Buy: muface Daily Moisturizing Complex here $45 {free shipping until the end of the year!}

Read: more about the story behind mubeauty here

Disclosure: mubeauty sent us the product mentioned in this post for the purpose of an honest and candid evaluation.  To read about our stringent standards and review criteria, click here

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails