Search This Blog

Loading...

Review :: She Essential Beauty Facial Serum + Night Serum



Sometimes my face just freaks out from using so many different products as I put all these things to the test in order to share the experience with you.  This was precisely the situation when a box of Facial Serum and Night Serum arrived from She Essential Beauty (whose products I first reviewed last March) back at the end of January, when my skin was suffering from an intense case of dehydration from winter, which we were still in the middle of.

Ever used a product and thought to yourself "What exactly is this doing for me?  I don't notice a difference at all."  This was my thought on Day 2-3 of using both the Facial Serum and Night Serum.  It wasn't until Day 6 or 7 that I really started to notice a difference in the way my skin looked, which was fine with me because I know sometimes it takes time for our skin to get rid of whatever is in there from the last product and really reap benefits from a new one.  


I used both of these together, Facial Serum in the morning after cleansing and Night Serum after cleansing, before bed and I used no other moisturizer for three weeks. As I headed into Week 2, my skin gained a new clarity and brightness likely from healing, anti-inflammatory frankincense oil.  There is no water in these two products, they are very concentrated so you only need to use a very small amount (1/2 - 1 pump in my case). I loved the way my skin didn't feel tight or like it was going to crack and I like that breakouts had healed from my previous regiment and they were being kept at bay.  I started using the oil on my arms, hands and cuticles too to help with dryness.  



She Essential Beauty Facial Serum $60

Look: Golden color (darker than the Night Serum)

Smell: Pleasant, herbal, Lavender and Geranium are the dominant aromas 

Feel: This is all oil so it feels like such, but my dry skin quickly absorbed it (start out using only 1/2 pump - apply to damp skin).

Facial Serum Ingredients: Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil (with Pearl Powder), Organic Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hip) Oil, Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Oil, Organic Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Citrus aurantium (Neroli) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Absolute, Santalum album (Sandalwood) Oil, Organic Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle) Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E).

99.2% Certified Organic Ingredients, .8% Natural Ingredients, 0% Synthetic

She Essential Beauty Night Serum $60

Look: Light gold color

Smell: Soothing, Geranium is the lovely dominant aroma

Feel: This is all oil so it feels like such, but is quickly absorbed (start out using only 1/2 pump - apply to damp skin).

Night Serum Ingredients: Organic Simmondsia, Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil (with Margarita(Pearl) Powder, Organic Camellia (Green Tea) Seed oil, Organic Annus (Sunflower Oil, Organic Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hip) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Oil, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E), Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Organic Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Oil

81.5% Certified Organic Ingredients, 18.5% Natural Ingredients, 0% Synthetic 

  • Skin type recommendation: Dry and/or mature skin.  
  • I expect the bottles should last 2.5-3 months each with daily use.
  • The ingredients are not listed on their website, but they gladly produced them when I asked.
Neither of these products contain water, enabling them to be preserved with natural ingredients. Both are packaged in a 1 oz. recyclable amber glass bottles with pump tops that don't need to be opened for maximum protection of sensitive ingredients. 

What I love about the entire She Essential Beauty product line is that each and every product contains wonderful, nutritive, natural and organic ingredients with absolutely no synthetics to be found.  

 Laura Kauffmann

She Essential Beauty Founders Beth Hooper and Laura Kauffmann are licensed acupuncturists and Chinese Herbalists who maintain their private practices in New York City.  You can learn more about them here and here.



Beth Hooper




Disclosure: She Essential Beauty sent us the products mentioned in this article for the purpose of an honest and candid review, and by doing so it in no way altered our opinion of the product(s).  To learn more about our stringent review criteria, click here

    blog comments powered by Disqus
    Related Posts with Thumbnails