Search This Blog

Loading...

The Healthy Sweet Treat That I Could Eat Every Day :: Organic Dried Mango + 5 Favorites Brands


This weekend we got together with friends, wine and conversation.  Someone asked the question "what food could you eat everyday?".  The answers varied from homemade pie, Stroopwaffles to spinach.   Mine was dried mango.

Dried mango is my go-to sweet treat.  Since I have been trying to avoid refined sugar since New Year's day, it is my dessert replacement.  I love fresh mango as well but the dried version is so convenient and its not messy so it can be easily (and quickly, I might add) consumed on the go.

Being the self-proclaimed dried mango connoisseur that I am, I have tracked down the best dried mango out there.  These don't include added sugar or sulphur like many do.  My favorite dried mango brands are:


 Naturally Preferred USDA Certified Organic Dried Mango 5 oz, $4.99

Found: At Kroger (near the dried fruit - mine just started carrying it about a week ago)

Trader Joe's Unsulphured & Unsweetened Dried Mango, 8 oz, $3.99

Found: At Trader Joes (in every one I've ever been to - near the nuts)

Peeled Snacks USDA Certified Organic Dried Mango, 1.40 oz, $2.00

Found: At Starbucks (right next to the register or in their healthier options display) or online

Kopali Organics USDA Certified Organic Dried Mango, 1.8 oz, $3.99

Found: Whole Foods Market, The Vitamin Shoppe, Vitacost.com or ShopOrganic.com

Woodstock Farms USDA Certified Organic Dried Mango, 8.5 oz, $5.95

Found: At my local health food store


What food could you eat everyday???





Note: Mango isn't a low calorie, low sugar food (albeit natural sugar).  Its my dessert replacement, so go easy on the mango - even though it will be really, really difficult to do ;)  

Disclosure: None of the brands in this post sent me any mango for review. I purchased all the products in this post.    

Photo credit: ojoe_lv

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails