Search This Blog

Loading...

Review :: Sula Beauty Organic Shea Butter Multi-Use Balms Spotted in VOGUE + Anthropologie


Sula Beauty is more known for their safer alternative peel-off nail polishes (check out this video review) but when I spotted these happy tins in the pages of VOGUE I just had to get my hands on the ingredients.  Sula Beauty sent us their ingredients and their three new Organic Shea Butter Balms to try out.

My favorite is Bergamot.  My friend was with me when they were delivered and together we sniffed all three.  

Her:  "This smells like Santa Monica!" (referring to Bergamot)
Me: "What makes you say that?"
Her: "You know, all the Bergamot plants that are everywhere there?!"

And that's probably exactly why we loved it, because it reminded us of California.  That and the cheery metal tins make me smile, the ingredients are 100% natural, scented only with essential oils and creamy shea butter leaves my skin super soft.  I keep one in my purse and mostly use for hands and elbows, but on occasion I have used it on my lips and to tame unruly hairs as well. 

The ingredients aren't on the website so I'm listing them below for your perusal:
Rose (Rosa Damascena) Balm:
Organic shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), organic sunflower oil (helianthus annuus), beeswax (cera alba), organic jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), rose geranium essential oil (pelargonum graveolens roseum) rose otto essential oil (rosa damascena).
Bergamot Balm:
Organic shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), organic sunflower oil (helianthus annuus), beeswax (cera alba), organic jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), bergamot essential oil (citrus bergamia), sweet orange essential oil (citrus sinensis).
Neroli Blossom Balm:
Organic shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), organic sunflower oil (helianthus annuus), beeswax (cera alba), organic jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), white grapefruit essential oil (citrus paradisi) petitgrain essential oil (citrus aurantium var. amara), neroli blossom essential oil (citrus aurantium).
Find: At Anthropologie (in stores, not online) or on the Sula Beauty website.   

Price: $9 each

Size: .37 oz / 20 gms

Have you tried these or seen them at Anthro???  Do you have a favorite body balm???  



3/21 Update: I just spotted the Sula Rosa Damascena Organic Shea Butter Balm on page 81 of Natural Health magazine (April/May '10 issue) in their Fresh Picks column. 




Disclosure: Sula Beauty sent us the products mentioned in this post for an honest and candid review although it in no way altered our opinion of the products. Click here to learn more about our review criteria. 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails