Search This Blog


Good Fat Helps Keep Skin Healthy :: Non-Aerosol USDA Certified Organic Olive Oil From Gourme Mist

Cut calories by misting, not pouring!  Conventional cooking sprays are filled with chemical fixatives and propellants but the only thing you'll find in a bottle of Gourmè Mist™  is oil or vinegar - nothing else.  Their unique manual pump-top eliminates the need for aerosol yet you'll still experience the same fine mist that others offers.  Unlike the metal can variety, you can refill these bottles so they also reduce waste.  The plastic bottles are also #1 PET recycable.

I've been using the USDA Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar for the last couple weeks and think its a brilliant concept and they taste so good!  I use only a few sprays of olive oil in my pans when cooking instead of pouring the oil in which means I use substantially less.  I've also been spraying it on toast, popcorn, pasta and salads.  The Balsamic Vinegar is a little sweet and tastes delish!  I love spraying it on salads (especially caprese salad) or in a wrap - mmm!  I'm not one to count calories but its pretty cool to know these only add 5 calories per servings if you are counting and there are apparently 384 servings per bottle (I wonder how long it look someone to count all those sprays). 

The USDA Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil retails for $8.99 and can be found in many stores across the country.  After I was sent the products, I looked in a few of my local grocery stores and to my complete surprise actually found them there right next to all the other olive oils (in Kroger) - so look locally first (click here to find a store near you) and if you can't find them there - you can find them on, Vitacost (for a discount) or the Gourme Mist site.

It's also worth noting that consuming health oils like olive oil is not only nutritious but help keep your skin hydrated and supple - so don't be afraid of eating good-for-you fats!

Now I just wish they'd make a flax seed oil version so I can make my favorite cinnamon toast with flax seed oil, but until then I'll continue to use the olive oil spray for this.  Here's my recipe for satisfying a cinnamon toast craving:

My super-healthy + super-easy Organic Cinnamon Toast recipe: 

+ 1 slice toasted Ezekial 4:12 bread

+ 3 sprays of Gourme Mist Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

+ Enough shakes of Simply Organic Cinnamon to cover bread

+ Light sprinkle of SteviaPlus

+ 1 shake of Simply Organic Nutmeg

+ 1 spray of Gourme Mist Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top of spices

+ Consume promptly - YUM!!!

Gourmè Mist™  sent us the products mentioned in this post for the purpose of a honest and candid review.  To learn more about our review criteria, click here

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails