Search This Blog

Loading...

September Is Yoga Month :: Check Out These 6 Yoga-Inspired Organic Beauty + Body Buys


One of my most favorite people on the planet is a great friend whom I've known since 7th grade. She's motivating, inspiring, encouraging (and really funny) and it does me a world of good to spend time with her. This past Spring I was able to attend one of her Jivamukti classes (loved it!). She's a full-time, dedicated yogi, committed to her practice and teaching others, and she's spending the entire month of September in India, yoga's birthplace, during Yoga Month. This month in particular, I'm constantly reminded of her when I see anything yoga-inspired and also reminded that I need to get myself to class.

With her in mind, I decided to share some of my earthy, woodsy and calming organic body care/ yoga-esque finds, that she would love (or already does):




I spray this a few times in my home office when I need to clear the air or my head. It's comforting, calming and I love that it really gets rid of odors without anything artificial. (We've also used this in the bathroom and it totally works there too - 2 sprays, that's it!)



Namaste Candle by Gabriel's Aunt

I'm burning this in my office as I type this and I really like it! Not too strong, but powerful enough to subtly soothe a room with scent. Very long lasting - I've been burning this votive for almost the entire day and it looks like there's a little less than half of it left.



'Meditation' Aromatherapy Body + Bath + Hair Oil

I like that this is a multi-purpose product. I'm using Anxiety Relief (because its my favorite scent of the bunch, not because I'm stressed) mostly for body oil, but on occasion I do run it through damp hair to smooth flyaways.



Badger Yoga & Meditation Balm

Now USDA Certified Organic, this has a calming aroma and great for ultra dry areas (like knees or elbows). I like to dab on pulse points before yoga class in hopes that the instructor who is adjusting me smells a little bit more than my sweat. And I love the cute meditating raccoon badger on the tin! (Read comments).




'Kesu' by Tsi-La Organic Perfume

Sultry, smoky and long-lasting. Great for him or her. Tsi-La describes it best: "a mysterious and provocative blend of 100% pure plant essences. Notes of warm amber and precious rare woods are combined with the lingering aroma of smoky incense to create a seductively mysterious base. These elegant notes are layered with narcotic jasmine petals, Davana, exotic spices and fresh lime to create a unisex fragrance steeped in sensuality."



Anjaly Organic Cotton Yoga Wear

I love the entire line. Each piece is specifically designed for a woman's body with our ultimate comfort and femininity in mind. Many Anjaly yoga tanks (including the one shown above) are on sale for $25 (regularly $48-$58) right now at Envi Eco Boutique. They're designed by yoga instructors for ultimate comfort and durability (they also don't have any bothersome zippers or tags!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails