Search This Blog


E's Essential Summer Items - Part 3 :: Get Fresh With The Body Deli

One of my favorite things about summertime is the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables available for my consumption. I love the colors and fresh, raw food that has been picked at the height of ripeness. I love how these foods make you feel lighter and more energetic the more you eat them. I just can't get enough of the foods of this glorious time of year!

Recently I've discovered that I not only like fresh foods in my belly, but I like putting them on my face as well. That's all thanks to the wonderful people over at The Body Deli in Palm Desert, California. After spending months and months searching for, trying out and eventually becoming disappointed with products for my partially hormone-induced acne ridden face - I found my holy grail. I've been using their delicious line-up of facial products, specifically formulated for acne prone skin for the past month and I couldn't be more pleased.

The Sage & Grapefruit Cleanser feels light and refreshing on my face and has a wonderfully mild yet earthy scent. It does a wonderful job of cleansing my face of everything from oil to make-up and provides just the right amount of lather. Once a day, I combine it with the Bamboo Polishing Powder for a light exfoliating experience.

The Cucumber Juice Toner is really where it's at for me though. This product must be kept refrigerated because it is so loaded with fresh ingredients that it will lose it's effectiveness and go bad if you leave it at room temp. I actually look forward to this part of my cleansing ritual because it is so refreshing - a major treat for my senses. Combining the cleansing power of Cucumber with the calming properties of Aloe Vera and the secret weapon of Kombucha Tea, this toner is the cornerstone of this skin care regimen in my opinion. {It's so perfect that I do not mind having to go to my fridge to spray this on my freshly cleansed face twice a day!} It is especially perfect for cooling a little over-exposure to the sun too!

I top off my routine with the Light Facial Emulsion, which provides a very light moisture to my skin while fighting acne with Silica and Sulfur. My skin hasn't been so happy in months {8.5 months to be exact.}

Don't worry if you have different face issues than mine though; The Body Deli offers fresh, raw, organic food ingredients in a wide assortment of products for all skin types and for the entire body. Give these delicious products a try this summer - your perfectly tanned skin will thank you.

Images courtesy of and

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails