Search This Blog

Loading...

E's Essential Summer Items - Part 2 :: Stay Hydrated with Reusable Water Bottles

Summer is all about sunshine, and with summer sunshine comes heat and with heat comes rapid dehydration. Most people know that drinking plenty of pure water is the best way to stay hydrated, but doing so sometimes comes at the cost of using plastic water bottles to carry with us throughout the day. There is a better way!

My family has been using Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottles for a while now and we are total converts. They are sturdy, eco-friendly, BPA-free, leave your water tasting like water, and convenient. My husband recently gave me his 40 oz. Kanteen because I was having a very hard time staying hydrated throughout the day with this baby requiring so much of my fluid intake. I take it everywhere I go. My husband takes the 27 oz. to school with him and fills it up wherever he can throughout the day. My son has his very own Klean sippy too. We are a poster family for this impressive company!

Of course, I realize I may be preaching to the choir here. Most of you may already have found alternatives to buying plastic water bottles whenever you're feeling thirsty. Stainless Steel and aluminum water bottles can be found in many mainstream stores nowadays. From Old Navy to the chain grocery store - I've seen them everywhere. However, not all non-plastic water bottles are created equal, so {as always} it's important to be an informed consumer. I chose stainless steel because I feel that it's generally a safer material than aluminum for containing beverages. However, I do own and love Sigg water aluminum water bottles as well.
Sigg makes an aluminum water bottle that coats their aluminum to prevent any leaching and residual build-up, and they come in some really fun patterns too! They have a smaller mouth than the Klean Kanteen bottles and are a lighter to carry. If you haven't yet made the switch to a non-plastic, non-leaching water bottle to contain your family's hydration needs - there is no better time than this summer! Now...go drink your water.




Images courtesy of: Klean Kanteen.com and mySigg.com



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails