Search This Blog


Review :: Santaverde Aloe Vera Cleansing Emulsion For Dry, Mature or Demanding Skin

Several months back, I reviewed Santaverde's Aloe Cleansing Gel and Hydro Repair Gel, which I thought were great. But with days still below freezing in my neck of the woods, this typically combo-skinned-girl has temporarily turned dry and needs all the hydration she can get. This Aloe Vera Cleansing Emulsion is perfect for me this time of year. Its suited for dry, sensitive skin types and continues a theme I've noticed with all Santaverde products I've tried thus far, that they remind me of dessert with their sweet scents (no surprise when you see the, almond, coconut...). This doesn't strip my skin of oils, but adds to them and is the opposite of cleansers that bubble and leave you feeling squeaky clean and tight (not necessarily a good thing). This is creamy in look and feel and could be more suitably described as a 'cleansing milk'. I've used this product collectively for at least a month and I'm not even half way through the bottle. This glides easily over face and neck so not much is needed to thoroughly cleanse the skin, which feels highly moisturized afterwards. And did I mention it smells delish?! (I still don't know why the products say "fragrance-free", unless it simply refers to artificial fragrance-free).

With organic brands popping onto the scene like never seen before, Santaverde sets itself apart with their all-star ingredient, aloe vera. Most brands have a base of water, but you'll find none in these and you'll find no 'aloe vera from concentrate' or 'aloe vera powder' either.

Its no secret that aloe vera is a healer, which is why people use it for sunburns and why we had a plant in our home growing up, so that we could break off a piece and directly apply the gel to a burn or scrape. Germany-based Santaverde has been growing their own certified organic aloe vera on their plantation in the southern tip of Spain for the past 20 years where they harvest and process all their aloe vera methodically by hand, which needless to say is quite impressive. What makes these products biologically active is their high quality aloe vera which is evaluated in a lab to ensure the highest quality plants are chosen. The line holds the BDIH Certified Natural seal and the Leaping Bunny logo, which guarantees no animal testing. I also appreciate their clean and simple packaging.

If you have normal, dry, demanding or mature skin, check out Aloe Vera Cleansing Emulsion here.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails