Search This Blog


L.O.V.E :: Long-Lasting, Deliciously-Scented Pure Soy Candles From Gabriel's Aunt {Review}

I love candles. They change a room or mood and always seem to bring tranquility. My issue is that I'm highly sensitive to artificial fragrance and oftentimes well-intentioned candle-burners have no idea that when I enter the cloud of perfume that is their home, I can feel sick within minutes.

I placed my first order with Gabriel's Aunt at the beginning of December to try out the hand-blended, hand-poured, non-GMO soy wax candles after reading many great reviews (in fact, there are hundreds and hundreds of great reviews, but I didn't read all of them). Purely scented with flower, plant and botanical oils and resins you'll find absolutely no fragrance oils (synthetic perfume). Nikki Sherritt is the very nice woman behind these amazing 100% soot-free, biodegradable and non-toxic candles that have become one of my new faves.

Kitchen Window is one of my top picks at the moment, deliciously infused with basil, rosemary and lemon (p.s. I can't get enough basil in my life...nose or mouth). Great for the kitchen, but I burned mine in my office and when the flame went out, I wished I had ordered a larger size. I also ordered Namaste for my yoga instructor friend and thought she may like to use it at her studio.

With Valentines Day right around the corner, I placed my second order yesterday, this time opting for festive. I can't wait to sniff Sweetheart with ylang ylang, geranium and nutmeg and Hugs & Kisses, a mix of cinnamon, clove and orange; which by the way is her #1 best-seller and was included in 100 celebrity Emmy Awards gift baskets.

The candles last a long time, longer than normal I would say, and they quickly melt so its best to burn them in a glass container they will fit snugly in. I burned the first one on a glass plate and it quickly turned into a wax puddle, but then I read the instructions and found a perfect tight-fitting glass candleholder and it lasted for hours and hours (one votive lasted all day).

If you order now, there's still time to arrive before V-Day. Nikki's turnaround time is 2 days and she uses USPS Priority Mail so they should arrive mid to end of next week. If you don't find the scent you're looking for in the size you need, just send her a message and she'll list it for you. And as a nice surprise you'll receive a 15% off coupon for your next order.

Gabriel's Aunt website

Gabriel's Aunt Etsy Shop

2.9.09 - I'm burning the Hugs & Kisses candle right now and it - is - fabulous!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails