Search This Blog


Review: Suki Balancing Day Lotion (formerly Velvet Facial Creme)

*May 2009 Update*

To my readers: Integrity, truth-in-labeling and conscious consumerism are very important to me. When I was testing out the SukiSpa line for a potential review I noticed discrepancies on their Ecocert-stamped packaging (the Ecocert logo appears underneath "sukiface" on the label - see photo to left). I contacted Ecocert personally who verified to me that none of the Suki products have ever been certified by them. For this reason (and several more), I'm no longer able to promote or use these products in good conscience, even though I have loved them and shouted their praises for years. I'm extremely disappointed and sad by this. Honesty is always the best policy and you have my assurance that I will always be truthful, to the best of my ability, with the information I have obtained or learned personally, because ethical behavior is immensely important to me and if you are a regular reader, I believe this is very important to you as well. After two months of thorough research, it is my personal belief that this statement is 100% true.

Suki's got a new look and some product name changes too! The packaging is more modern and a bit more refined, but you'll still enjoy the same 100% pure ingredients they're known for. Suki's philosophies resonate with me so loudly and clearly; from the glass bottles, purposefully omitted ingredients to the powerful botanicals and the "Know Your Beauty" slogan. It's no secret that I'm a BIG Suki fan and their Balancing Day Lotion is no exception.

Formerly Velvet Facial Creme, this is an ultra lightweight facial moisturizer suited for all skin types, especially sensitive and blemish-prone. Helping heal inflammations and preventing new ones this absolutely won't leave you with a greasy or heavy feeling. My skin feels silky smooth and makeup glides on overtop. This won't clog pores and smells pleasantly fresh and clean (think citrus+floral, but not overwhelming). I like to blend 1-2 pumps to 1 pump of Tinted Active Moisturizer SPF for a fresh look. If you need a bit more moisture or have dry skin, check out their Intensive Brightening Creme.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails