Search This Blog

Loading...

How Now Brown Cacao

Truth be told, I love the name...it puts a smile on my face when I think or say it. Not only that but the first ingredient is "Unconditional Love & Gratitude" so between the name & the first ingredient I was looking forward to see what it had to offer. But I (try) not to base a book on it's cover, so upon opening this generously-sized glass jar, the enticing chocolate ganache aroma makes me all the more pleased. I realize it is a body dessert, but I had to taste it nonetheless. The content is so pure (& organic) that I decided to give it a try. Since there's no sugar it wasn't all that tasty, but I wasn't worried about consuming it because the ingredients might as well be on my grocery list.

Cacao is chocolate in it's purest & unprocessed form and comes from an evergreen tree native to the tropical Amazon River Basin & Orinoco River Basin on Ivory Coast. It's known as a "Superfood" due to it's high antioxidant content and it's many nutritional benefits and has become increasingly popular in the U.S. due to it's high healthy fat, calcium, zinc, iron and potassium content.

Since hot water & shaving can really strip your skin of moisture, I like to use this after shower or bath for all-over body moisture (and it won't cause or irritate razor burn). Cacao applied topically softens and protects dry, chapped skin and smelling of chocolate, is well, wonderful (it's a very mild scent after applied). So to Simply Divine Botanicals....you had me at "Cacao".

S

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails