Search This Blog


Get A Whiff Of This

If I can avoid entering a mall at the perfume counter entrances, I do. Why? The synthetic aromas that permeate the air provide me with a not-so-lovely ache in the head and turn of the stomach. Not to mention I don’t like imagining what types of chemicals (i.e. phthalates) I’m breathing in. Likewise, if someone walks past me and I smell their thickly scented cloud coming my way, I try to hold my breath until they pass by, and I might not be able to avoid coughing if I cannot escape (like if they’re seated next to me in a restaurant).

Needless to say, I don’t wear perfume. The closest I come to “wearing” a scent is body oil. It’s moisturizing and gives off a pleasant, subtle aroma that won't intrude on anyone's personal space, namely nostrils. My absolute FAVORITE body oil right now is Suzanne Aux Baines Body/Massage Oil! Made in France and certified organic by EcoCert, it's packed full of nourishing ingredients & smells me on this one! I wore it to a wedding and my dear friend leaned over to hug me and said "what are you wearing?" When I told her, she said "I have to get that!". Definitely not too strong or overpowering, but a very subtle scent with essential oils of jasmine, mandarin, ylang ylang, chamomile and lavender essential oils in a base of organic apricot, sesame and jojoba oils.

One of my simple pleasures...yesterday in yoga class, breathing deeply in and out my nose while repeating many a 'downward dog' I thought "what smells so good?", then remembered..."oh yah, it's me!".


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails