Search This Blog

Loading...

Raindrops on Roses and Weleda on Babies

These are a few of my favorite things. Okay, maybe I could live without the raindrops.

The options for non-toxic, organic baby care are growing (hallelujah!) and I have had the opportunity to try many of them. While I can't claim that I have tried them all, I can tell you that I have found a few favorites so far. Weleda has won my heart and my nose and there are few things that compare to the quality of ingredients and intoxicating smell of their baby line.

Before my son was born, S bought me most of the Weleda baby line to use on him. I didn't know at the time that I would become so addicted to the smell on my freshly bathed babe that I would have to talk myself out of washing him everyday. There is nothing artificial about the fragrance of Weleda baby which is one of the reasons I love it. (I've noticed lately that there are some new brands out there that are touting themselves as "natural", yet the smell alone proves that claim wrong.) Obviously, there is more to a baby product than smell, which is why it's so exciting to read Weleda's ingredients. This company has been dedicated to using Biodynamic and organic ingredients since 1921, so they are definitely the pioneers of the organic body care products. Chances are, this is not the first time you have heard of Weleda.

The baby line of Weleda is über gentle on baby's delicate skin, which is especially prone to irritation. Not only is it gentle, but it actually creates a warm barrier between the skin and any potential irritants that could touch baby's skin. I love using the lotion or oil for a little baby massage before bedtime, and my son loves it because it warms his skin after bath - making for an easy night time transition. Music to a mama's ears - right? The Calendula Baby Cream is the perfect first line of defense in staving off diaper rash and I'm convinced that it has been one of the main reasons I have never seen a crazy red rash on my baby's bum. And have I mentioned that it smells fantastic?

The tried-and-true formulas of Weleda have been used on babies all over the world for decades and they continue to be the leader in producing truly organic/non-toxic baby products today. (For the record, they make body care products for the entire family too.) If you haven't already, I would wholeheartedly recommend adding a little Weleda to your life!



P.S. For any of you who are concerned about the use of lanolin in baby products, I must tell you - I am too. I contacted Weleda to ask about their use of lanolin and I received this information from them. It helped ease my mind and hopefully it does the same for you.

E

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails